The New Hartford Chamber of Commerce extends sincere gratitude to Wilcor International and Herb Philipson’s for their support of the 2018 Summer Concert Series. The Summer Concert Series provided live music at both the New Hartford Farmers Market and Picnic in the Park New Hartford, two great new events in the community. Wilcor International and Herb Philipson’s have been long-trusted resources for outdoor enthusiasts in central New York and the rest of the world.
Since 1887 the Wilcor family has remained committed to quality products, personalized service, and dependable delivery. Though the family business has changed over the years, their commitment to quality and old-fashioned values has stayed the same. Built on this solid foundation of values, Wilcor International Inc. has grown into the #1 supplier to the vacation industry with the largest variety of products from one source. Their exclusive product lines are manufactured for Wilcor and are constantly monitored, ensuring superior quality, unique designs and delivering at the lowest possible price.
Not only can Wilcor products be found in campgrounds around the world, central New Yorkers can find Wilcor products at their local Herb Philipson’s store. Since 1951, Herb Philipson’s has been locally owned and operates nine locations that offer over 300,000 square feet of camping, marine, military surplus, fishing and hunting gear and apparel.
In 1951, Herb Philipson opened the doors of his original store in downtown Rome. In 1972, a brand new structure was built at 300 West Dominick Street, the first retail establishment developed under the Rome Urban Renewal Plan. In October 2009, Herb Philipson’s moved its flagship store again to 1899 Black River Blvd, in a new, bigger location that also houses its corporate offices. In the spring of 2018, the distribution center was relocated to that address.
Since that time, additional stores have been opened in Oneida, New Hartford, Herkimer, Watertown and Liverpool. In the fall of 2013, Herb Philipson’s opened their 7th store in Newark, New York. Then in 2016, two more stores were opened in Dewitt and Oswego.
In March 2018, Guy Viti purchased Herb Philipson’s when Gary Philipson retired. Guy has worked hard to carry on the legacy of Herb Philipson, the company founder. Guy was hired by Herb himself and worked alongside Herb and Gary for over 35 years, and today is President/CEO of the nine store chain. The family approach and commitment to the community is what has made Herb Philipson’s such a success story.
The New Hartford Chamber of Commerce graciously thanks both Wilcor International and Herb Philipson’s for supporting the chamber’s mission of fostering economic vitality and quality of life in our town.