The Chamber Alliance of the Mohawk Valley (CAMV) welcomed The Mohawk Valley Business Women’s Network (MVBWN) as a new affiliate member at its regular monthly meeting held in New Hartford on October 16th. Network President Gina Trzepacz Timpano accepted the nomination on behalf of her members consisting of business women from all across the Mohawk Valley. The addition of MVBWN to the Chamber Alliance brings its membership up to 23 organizations – twelve chambers of commerce and now, eleven affiliate members.
The Chamber Alliance of the Mohawk Valley is an association of independent chambers of commerce and organizations that meets monthly for information sharing, mutual support, advocacy, education, and joint planning. Established in 1997, CAMV’s purpose is to represent and promote the collective interest of the Chambers of Commerce of the Mohawk Valley—that geographic area which includes, but is not limited to, Oneida, Herkimer, Madison, Otsego, Fulton and Montgomery Counties.
Approximately 2,500 Mohawk Valley businesses, organizations, individuals, and professional firms are represented by the alliance chambers and affiliate partner organizations. The members and affiliates of the Chamber Alliance are:
- Boonville Area Chamber of Commerce
- Camden Area Chamber of Commerce
- Clinton Chamber of Commerce
- Fulton Montgomery Regional Chamber of Commerce
- Greater Oneida Chamber of Commerce
- Herkimer County Chamber of Commerce
- Kuyahoora Valley Chamber of Commerce
- Marcy Chamber of Commerce
- New Hartford Chamber of Commerce
- Otsego County Chamber of Commerce
- Rome Area Chamber of Commerce
- Trenton Area Chamber of Commerce
- Center for Leadership Excellence (formerly Leadership Mohawk Valley)
- Hamilton Business Alliance
- Mohawk Valley Association of REALTORS
- Mohawk Valley Business Women’s Network
- Mohawk Valley EDGE
- Mohawk Valley Small Business Development Center
- Oneida County Tourism
- Otsego County Tourism
- The Genesis Group
- Waterville Economic Development Corporation
- Workforce Development Board
The Mohawk Valley Business Women’s Network (MVBWN) was founded in 1981 and is committed to empowering female entrepreneurs and women in business by supporting them through all phases of their business and personal development. MVBWN provides members with opportunities to showcase their unique strengths and business experiences among a strong network of professional contacts; provides educational opportunities, and fosters ongoing mutual support.
To commemorate their 40th year of supporting female business leaders and entrepreneurs, the Business Women’s Network is planning a region-wide Women in Business EXPO that will showcase woman-owned and woman-managed businesses in the Mohawk Valley. Date and location will be announced soon.
For more information about the Chamber Alliance, please go to www.chamberalliancemv.org. For more information about the Mohawk Valley Business Women’s Network, please go to www.mvbwn.org or call President Gina Timpano at Yorkville Memorials at 736-1781.